5 reasons you should upgrade your orthotics
Orthotics can be an expensive investment into your health. Well-designed orthotics will last at least 2 years and the benefits that they provide and the relief that they can deliver well outweighs the costs.
I have asked our principal podiatrist, Stephen Thomas, for the 5 key reasons that you should get your orthotics upgraded.
1. Orthotics, like all footwear, will compress and wear out over time. Upgrading your orthotics ensures that your foot always has the optimal level of support.
2. Simply put, feet change. Your foot from the past is no longer the foot you have today. A new orthotic captures any growth, arthritic change or spreading that can occur over time.
3. Orthotic materials have changed significantly over time. Better materials means orthotics are now thinner, flexible, more comfortable and fit more easily into your shoes. If your orthotics are quite old, you will be amazed at how user-friendly new orthotics can be.
4. The improvement in our technology has given our podiatrists incredibly accurate tools to measure and analyse your feet. This technology provides an accurate picture from which our podiatrists design your new custom foot orthotic.
5. Getting a 2nd pair of orthotics gives you the convenience of having one pair of orthotics in your work shoes and the other in your runners. This means you will have a consistent level of support in all of your shoes.
To ensure your orthotics are doing the best job they can, Connective Healthcare is currently offering $50 off any orthotic upgrade if you come in before the end of September. Simply mention this blog post to receive this great offer.